Hey Class of 2020! The seniors are gone, high school feels empty and guess what? It’s YOUR TURN now. This year is all about making memories. If you ask anyone who has been out of high school for more than a few things – they’ll tell you a few things consistently:
Hang out with your friends as much as you can
Make new friends – branch outside of your circle
Stay in touch. Make the effort to have real in person visits or phone calls instead of social media
Pick your friends over boyfriends. “It sounds so dumb but I wish I hung out with my girlfriends more instead of my boyfriend at the time. My mother was right – the boyfriend wouldn’t last, but my friendships would”
Thank the ones who got you this far.
So how do you make all this happen? Check out this bucket list of 50 Things to Do Before You Graduate
1. Join a new club! Not only will you gain skills and maybe find a new interest – you will grow your group of friends.
2. Attend the Maryland State Fair (and wear a concert T shirt bc that’s how I met one of my best friends)
3. Go to homecoming
4. Attend a high school football game (or other big sport at your school)
5. Attend a pep rally
6. Attend the ring dance
7. Spirit Week!
8. Make a plan for the future. Whether you’re going to college or starting your career – take the time to develop a plan for your future now. Because your future will be here sooner than you think.
9. Take professional senior pics. You won’t do this again until you get married – so make it count!
10. Host a bonfire
11. One word: HAYRIDE!
12. Have a pumpkin carving party
13. See one of your favorite bands in concert
14. Go camping
16. Bowling! (Is Rock n Bowl still a thing??)
17. Drive in movies at Benjie’s
18. Pay it forward
19. Try a new food. Check out the restaurants in Bethesda for amazing authentic cuisine.
20. Host a movie marathon with your friends!
21. Pull an all-nighter
22. Watch the sunrise
24. Make some good healthy habits now so they’re easier to stick to as your life becomes more complicated
25. Learn to stand up for yourself and that it’s ok to say “no”.
26. Learn to cook a real meal
27. Bake Christmas cookies
28. Go Christmas Caroling
29. Play in the snow
30. Start a collection
31. Create a playlist of the songs that mean something to you and remind you of your friends and this incredible year!
32. Go 24 hours without a phone
33. Attend a high school play
34. Attend a minor league baseball game – bonus points if you stay for fireworks
35. Go to an Amusement Park
36. Sunflowers in Jarrettsville
37. Volunteer for a day at a place you want to learn more about
38. Day trip to DC and see the touristy things you’ve never done
39. Search for fossils at Calvert Cliffs State Park
40. Change your hair. Like a lot. Manic Panic anyone?
41. ROAD TRIP !!!
42. Print your pictures and make a scrapbook or collage for college!
43. Register to vote
44. Go hiking
45. Do something by yourself – go out to eat, go to the movies, something – be ok with being alone
46. Open a bank account
47. Make a vision board for your future goals
48. Visit your elementary school teachers (bonus if you bring your cap and gown to show off to the younger generation!)
49. Write a letter to your future self
50. Go to prom (and graduate!)
You get one chance to make this amazing. Make it count. When someone asks you in 10, 20 or 50 years what was your biggest regret - be able to say “nothing. It was amazing!”.
Did I miss anything on YOUR senior year bucket list??? Drop a line in the comments!